TODAY - AHCA Webinar on CMS COVID-19 Performance Payment Program
On September 3, the US Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) announced its $2 billion quality incentive program for nursing facilities as part of the $5 billion tranche announced on August 7 of CARES Act funding for COVID relief.
AHCA/NCAL is scheduling a webinar on Tuesday, September 8 from 1-2:30 pm EST. President/CEO Mark Parkinson and Chief Medical Officer David Gifford will review the new rule, answer questions, and discuss resources available to help members with this program.
- Members will need to log in using their existing AHCA/NCAL username and password first.
- Once you are logged in to the website you will be able to pre-register.
- If you have forgotten your password, click here.
- If you are new to the site you can create an account here. After doing so, you will be able to register for the webinar. Please note, all new account holders must add their member facility to their account at the time of account creation.
Please use Google Chrome to avoid technical problems. The webinar will be recorded and made available to members on ahcancalED. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with the webinar.
CMS Hosts COVID-19 National Nursing Home Call Today
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Administrator Seema Verma and Administration officials are hosting a National Nursing Home COVID-19 Call on Tuesday, September 8 from 6:30 - 7:30 PM EST.
Speakers will include:
- Seema Verma, Administrator, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Robert R. Redfield, MD, Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Admiral Brett P. Giroir, MD, Assistant Secretary for Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Lee Fleisher, MD, Chief Medical Officer, CMS
To join the call, dial (833) 614-0820 (muted line) using conference ID 6353368. Conference lines are limited, so participants are encouraged to join via webcast.
LARA to Release Updated Guidance Regarding Dialysis Residents and Outside Appointments For SNFs
As a result of efforts on the part of the association, the Michigan Department of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs will be sharing updated guidance with nursing facility surveyors this week as it relates to dialysis residents and those residents leaving the facility for one-time appointments.
The initial draft updated guidance recognizes the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) has not issued guidance regarding quarantine or isolation for residents leaving frequently for medical care, such as dialysis or wound clinic residents. The guidance will offer best practice of placing a resident on a transitional unit if possible, along with monitoring for 14 days' post outside appointments.
For residents leaving the facility for one-time medical care needs, the guidance again acknowledges CDC has not issued specific guidance. The update clarifies that residents do not need to be placed in quarantine for 14 days' post appointment, but should be monitored for any presenting signs & symptoms for a 14-day period.
When the guidance has been finalized later this week, it will be shared out with members.
Please note, we expect that guidance for Assisted Living settings will likely be somewhat different. As that guidance becomes available we will share with members.
For questions or concerns please contact Cathy Sunlin at CathySunlin@HCAM.org.
Sept. 8, 2020